Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Common Theme: sneaking up


Its hard to believe that the year is almost over.  It seems like the semester was just begining, and thats spring 08 semester I refer, not spring 09.  I guess its hard to imagine a way to describe the passage of time, but it really is like holding sand in your hand, it just slips through and before you know you can be aware of its passage, its gone.

This semester was highly dissapointing, for many reasons, most of which had to do with letting myself be distracted by what I thought was wrong.  OR maybe it was wrong, and I just tried to deal with it and somehow that wasn't the way to solve it.  Along the way I lost track of things, and let school slip.  I guess I didn't realize how fast the semester went till it was over.  I'm going to have to focus this semester to make up this ground I lost.  

Dash has informed me its quarter till midnight, quarter till christmas.  I don't know how I feel about Christmas this year, it kind of came out of nowhere and hit as well.   I 'got' Button her tragus piercing for christmas, but otherwise we sucked at doing christmas this year.

I just emptied out the bottle of wine I started when I got home around 6:30.  I suppose since it took me 4-5 hours to drink it I shouldn't feel too bad in the morning.  I dunno.  I've spent the night playing on the internet, not exactly the Norman Rockwell Christmas Eve Special, I know.  Button went to a party and hung out with Sis tonight.  I don't know if she can understand why I get upset when she does this.  I guess I don't either, except I do.  I'm lonely.  And I just want her to be here to lighten my world.  I don't want to take away her friends, but ...  I dunno... I suppose I need to make friends.  

For the record, this was really great wine.  Good flavor.  

I'm listening to the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack for Season 3.  Really good stuff.  Season two was awesome as well.  PRelude to War is totes the greatest, but the whole thing has been really good.  I need to get these songs.  I want to listen to them more, some of it is truly great stuff.  The rest is just averagly amazingly awesome.

So, Button texted that she should be leaving soon, and if all the gifts are wrapped its straight to coon, which will be an issue since none of the gifts are wrapped.  

No comments: